The Setsoto Local Municipality, with its Head Office in Ficksburg, Free State, is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer with clear employment equity targets. Persons with the skills and expertise to discharge the duties of the above-mentioned positions are invited to apply to serve on the Audit and Performance Audit Committee of the Setsoto Local Municipality.
REQUIREMENTS: Experience in the following fields i.e accounting, auditing, performance and financial management and have an understanding in legal matters and risk management.
Key Performance Areas: As an independent advisory committee to the Council, Political office bearers, Accounting Officer and management on the matters relating to:-
• Internal financial control and internal audits;
• Risk management;
• Performance management and evaluation;
• Accounting policies;
• The adequacy, reliability and accuracy of financial reporting and information;
• Effective governance; and
• Compliance with Municipal Finance Management Act, the Annual Division of Revenue Act and any other applicable legislations.
• Review the Annual Financial Statements to provide the council with authoritative and credible view of the financial position and performance of the municipality;
• Respond to the council on any issues raised by the Auditor General in the audit report;
• Review and approved internal audit unit related matter;
• Carry out such investigations into the financial affairs of the municipality as may request; and
• Review the municipality’s performance management system and make recommendations in this regard to the Council.
Term of Office of the members of the Audit and Performance Audit Committee will be in line with term of office with the current Council.
Sitting and traveling allowance will be determined by the Council.
NOTE: Applications should be accompanied by a recent updated curriculum vitae, as well as certified copies of qualification certificates and identity document. Failure to submit requested will result in your application not being considered. Faxed or emailed applications will automatically be disqualified.
Applicants who do not receive feedback within sixteen days from closing date, must accept that their application were unsuccessful. Applications received after closing date will not be considered.
Please send applications to the Municipal Manager, Setsoto Local Municipality, P O Box 116, Ficksburg 9730
ENQUIRIES: Chief Audit Executive: DS Lebeko, Tel: 051 933 9302/9378.
Closing date: 17 June 2022.
MR STR RAMAKARANE