COMMUNITY LIAISON OFFICER (CLO): RECONSTRUCTION OF 1.3KM SURFACED ROAD AND STORMWATER DRAINAGE IN FICKSBURG/MEQHELENG
Setsoto Local Municipality will be implementing a project to Reconstruct 1.3kM Surfaced Road and Stormwater Drainage in Ficksburg/Meqheleng during the financial year 2023/2024. The contractor Maboka Contractors (Pty) Ltd is currently looking for a suitable CLO with the requirements as stipulated below:
POST : COMMUNITY LIAISON OFFICER (CLO)
SALARY : R5 000 per month (for the duration of the construction contract)
UNIT : Ficksburg/Meqheleng
JOB PURPOSE :
The primary purpose of the job is to ensure that the local community gets maximum benefit from this construction contract through access to labour (skilled, semi-skilled and unskilled) and subcontracting. The CLO must also act as a liaison officer for the contractor, to facilitate information flow to the community and other stakeholders.
• Must be a residence of Ficksburg/Meqheleng with a Valid South African Identity
• Grade 12 certificate with basic computer literacy.
•Must be able to communicate, read and write in English and Sesotho.
• Must be reliable and accountable & currently unemployed.
• Must know the area of Ficksburg/Meqheleng thoroughly.
• Preferably be a resident of Ficksburg/Meqheleng
• Should be prepared to work under difficult conditions and have skills in conflict resolution.
•Should understand construction and be able to communicate with contractors and sub-contractors.
• Should not be a contractor.
• Willingness to spend extended periods in the field and work irregular hours.
• Liaison between the community and the contractor.
• Liaison between the Municipality, the Community, and the Contractor.
• Responsible to provide a link between local resources and the contractor.
• Refer to database of local resources.
• Keep the contractor and the Municipality aware of community affairs and possible dynamics.
• Assist the contractor’s supervisory staff in the management of workers.
• Report monthly to the Municipality, and the community structures with respect to local involvement targeting, training and the equity status of employees.
•Complete the necessary administrative tasks related to implementation of projects.
CLOSING DATE :
04 December 2023 at 12:00 (no late applications will be
Please forward your CV’s and a covering letter indicating the position including a certified copy of your qualification/s and Identity Document to: Setsoto Local Municipality Offices in Ficksburg (Reception).