Setsoto Municipality, with its seat in Ficksburg, Free State, is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer with clear employment equity targets. It is the Municipality’s intention to promote equity through the filling of posts, according to the set Employment Equity targets. Qualified persons, women and people with disability with the skills and expertise to discharge the duties of the under-mentioned positions are hereby invited to apply.
Incorporating, Ficksburg (Head Office), Senekal, Clocolan and Marquard
DEPARTMENT: OFFICE OF THE EXECUTIVE MAYOR
POSITION: MUNICIPAL MANAGER
TERM: FIVE (5) YEAR FIXED TERM PERFORMANCE BASED CONTRACT
SALARY: (Minimum: R1 067 587 Midpoint: R1 227 113 Maximum: R1 386 637)
Total remuneration package will be in terms of Government Gazette No.43122 dated 20 March 2020
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor Degree in Public Administration / Political Science / Social Science / Law or equivalent.
Core Managerial and Occupational Competencies and skills: Strategic leadership and management; Governance, Ethics and Values in Financial Management; Financial and Performance Reporting; Risk and Change Management; Legislations, Policy and Implementation; Stakeholder Relations; Supply Chain Management.
Certificate Programme in Management Development for Municipal Finance and Supply Chain Management in line with Government Notice No. 493 in Government Gazette No. 29967 of 2007, Local Government: Municipal Regulations of Minimum Competency Level. Candidates not already in possession of these competency requirements shall be afforded a maximum opportunity of 18 months following appointment to comply.
EXPERIENCE: Five (5) to ten (10) years relevant experience at a Senior Management Level and have proven successful institutional transformation within Public or Private Sector.
COMPETENCIES: Leading Competencies: Strategic Direction and Leadership, People Management, Program and project Management, Financial Management, Change Leadership and Governance Leadership.
Core Competencies: Moral Competence, Planning and Organizing, Analyzing and Innovation, Knowledge and Information Management, Communication, Results and Quality Focus.
KNOWLEDGE: The candidate will be expected to demonstrate:
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of relevant policy and legislation;
• Advanced understanding of institutional governance systems and performance management;
• Advanced understanding of council operations and delegation of powers;
• Good governance;
• Audit and risk management establishment and functionality;
• Budget and finance management;
• Manage the interface with the Executive Mayor and Council so that the political priorities are aligned with the administration.
• Maintain overall responsibility as Accounting Officer for all income and expenditure of the Municipality, all assets and the discharge of all liabilities and proper compliance with the Municipal Finance Management Act.
• Manage all Directors and their budgets to ensure that the Directorates focus on delivering on the Municipality’s strategic priorities within the approved budgets and in an integrated fashion.
• To develop, facilitate and monitor the implementation of IDP,
• Must ensure optimum allocation of resources by demonstrating prudent operational financial management,
• Good governance, ethics and values within the financial environment
• Must facilitate, maintain and develop strategic partnership and alliance with other spheres of government in promotion of the principles of inter-governmental relations, including international government and communities,
• Must be able to develop systems and to implement such systems must also develop strategies to deal with statutory requirements and responsibilities;
• Must be able to analyze and review the existing policies, systems, and processes,
• Setting up and maintaining an economical, effective and efficient and accountable administration,
• Any other responsibilities delegated by Council or Executive Mayor and or prescribed by legislations or regulations.
Applications and Conditions of Appointment:
• Applicants must download and fill in an Application Form (Annexure C) available on the Municipal Website at (www.setsoto.co.za) or directly from the Government Notice No. 21 of 17 January 2014 (Annexure C). No Applications will be considered if it is not on the Official Application Form; The application form must be accompanied by detailed CV with contactable references, recently certified original copies of qualifications, Identity document, driver’s licence and covering letter depicting the reference number of the post applied for and enclosed in an envelope clearly marked “Application for the post: Municipal Manager”;
• It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and to attach proof thereof;
• Recommended candidates will be subjected to a competency-based assessment over 2 days prior to appointment in terms of Annexure A (Competency framework for Senior Managers) of Notice No. 21 of Government Gazette No. 37245 of 17 January 2014;
• Short-listed candidate will be subjected to reference checks, criminal record check and signing of indemnity forms;
• The successful candidate will be required to sign an Employment Contract on or before assumption of duty, a Performance Agreement within 60 days of appointment and the necessary Disclosure of Financial Interest Forms as well as undergoing the necessary Security Vetting Processes;
• The successful candidate will be based at Setsoto Local Municipality’s Head Office in Ficksburg but may be deployed anywhere within the Municipality depending on the institution’s operational requirements;
• Due to the large number of applicants, correspondence will be limited to the short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within a period of two months after the closing date of the advertisement, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful;
• The successful candidate will be accounting to Council;
• The Municipality reserves the right not to appoint any applicant to this position;
• Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted;
• A candidate who canvasses for preference will be disqualified;
• Late applications will not be considered, therefore post delays must be considered by the applicant.
Application forms must be addressed to: The Executive Mayor, Setsoto Local Municipality, P O Box 116, Ficksburg 9730 or alternatively can be delivered to the Municipal Offices, 27 Voortrekker Street, Office of the Executive Mayor, Annexure Building, First Floor, Ficksburg, 9730.
Enquiries: Mr. Molahlehi Silvanus Makhele (Acting Chief of Staff) Tel: 051 933 9395 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: 20/05/2022 (Before the end of business @16h30)
CLR SEIPATI J MBIWE