SETSOTO LOCAL MUNICIPALITY
(Post Reference: SNK/RBIG/02)
COMMUNITY LIAISON OFFICER (CLO): CONSTRUCTION OF THE CYFERFONTEIN ABSTRACTION WORKS (CIVIL) IN SENEKAL/MATWABENG
Setsoto Local Municipality will be implementing a project to Construct of the Cyferfontein Abstraction Works (WTW) in Senekal/Matwabeng during the financial year 2022/2023 and 2023/2024. The contractor Iceburg Group (Pty) Ltd is currently looking for a suitable CLO with the requirements as stipulated below:
POST : COMMUNITY LIAISON OFFICER (CLO)
SALARY : R5 000 per month (for the duration of the construction contract)
UNIT : Senekal
JOB PURPOSE : The primary purpose of the job is to ensure that the local community gets maximum benefit from this construction contract through access to labour (skilled, semi-skilled and unskilled) and subcontracting. The CLO must also act as a liaison officer for the contractor, to facilitate information flow to the community and other stakeholders.
• Must be a residence of Senekal/Matwabeng with a Valid South African Identity
• Grade 12 certificate with basic computer literacy.
•Must be able to communicate, read and write in English and Sesotho.
• Must be reliable and accountable & currently unemployed.
• Must know the area of Senekal/Matwabeng thoroughly.
• Preferably be a resident of Senekal/Matwabeng
• Should be prepared to work under difficult conditions and have skills in conflict resolution.
•Should have an understanding of construction and be able to communicate with contractors and sub-contractors.
• Should not be a contractor.
• Willingness to spend extended periods in the field and work irregular hours.
• Liaison between the community and the contractor.
• Liaison between the Municipality, the Community and the Contractor.
• Responsible to provide a link between local resources and the contractor.
• Make reference to database of local resources.
• Keep the contractor and the Municipality aware of community affairs and possible dynamics.
• Assist the contractor’s supervisory staff in the management of workers.
• Report monthly to the Municipality, and the community structures with respect to local involvement targeting, training and the equity status of employees.
•Complete the necessary administrative tasks related to implementation of projects.
CLOSING DATE : 17 October 2022 at 16:00 (no late applications will be considered).
Please forward your CV’s and a covering letter indicating the position including a certified copy of your qualification/s and Identity Document to: Setsoto Local Municipality Offices in Senekal (Reception