Website Terms & Conditions of Use Agreement
1. Welcome to the setsoto.gov.za website (“the website”). The purpose of the website is to provide information about Setsoto Local Municipality (SLM).
- By accessing and using the website, you, the user, agree to be bound by the terms and conditions that are set out in this notice. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, then you may not access, display, use, download and/or otherwise copy or distribute any of the content of this website.
Your use of the website
3. You agree that your use of this website is for lawful purposes only. You agree that you will not use this website for any unlawful purpose, including but not limited to: the commission of a criminal offence; to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems; or for the transmission of unlawful material.
4. You agree to access and use this site entirely at your own risk. Please read the Exclusion of Liability clause in this notice.
Choice of law
5. This website is owned and operated within the Republic of South Africa. Therefore, these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa, and the user consents to the jurisdiction of the Witwatersrand High Court in the event of any dispute.
6. While every effort is made to ensure that the information provided on the website is current and accurate, you should not assume that the information on the website is always current or accurate, and other sources of this information should be consulted before making any decision to act on the information displayed on this website.
8. SLM retains copyright in the website and all current and future content that is displayed on the website, which is not owned by third parties. In terms of a limited license, granted for general use, SLM grants you, the user, subject to these terms and conditions, a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited and revocable right to access, display, use, download and otherwise copy the current and future content of the website for your personal, non-commercial and informational purposes only. The website owner grants the user the permission to copy and distribute the information from the website provided that it notifies the webmaster of such use and provided that the source of the information is acknowledged by reference to the source. The website and content may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, resold or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without the express, prior written consent of SLM.
9. We value comments received from visitors to our site. However, you agree not to transmit any material that is unlawful or harmful, defamatory, abusive, threatening, vulgar or obscene. You remain liable to any third party for your comments, and SLM is not liable to any third party regarding the content of your comments.
- External links
- This website provides links to other websites. The fact that we have such links must not be construed as constituting any relationship or endorsement of the linked third party, and reliance on all information and content provided by the external link is done so at your own risk. No endorsement of products, services, or firms is intended, nor is criticism implied of those not mentioned. Third-party advertising and promotional material may be displayed on the site from time to time, and the display of such material should not be construed as SLM endorsing or creating any relationship between SLM and that third party. Reliance on any such promotional or advertising material is entirely at your own risk.
11. Any third party wishing to link the website to their website must obtain permission from SLM by directing such request to the webmaster, and permission may be granted on terms and conditions agreed.
Exclusion of liability
12. It is a term and condition of the use of this site that you expressly agree that the use of the site is entirely at your own risk. The website and all content on the website is provided on an “as is” basis and SLM makes no representations or warranties of any kind whether express or implied to the accuracy of the contents on the website. SLM does not warrant that the functions provided by the site will be uninterrupted or error free, or that the site or the server is free from viruses or other harmful components.
- SLM, its owners, directors, employees, officials, suppliers, agents and / or representatives shall not be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect or consequential, or any expense of any nature whatsoever, which may be suffered by you the user, which arises directly or indirectly upon reliance of the website and / or its content.
- SLM, its agents or suppliers shall not be responsible for any direct or indirect special consequential or other damage of any kind whatsoever suffered or incurred by you related to your use of, or your inability to access or use the content or the website or any functionality of the website or of any linked website even where SLM is expressly advised thereof.
- You will indemnify SLM, its owners, directors, employees, officials, agents, suppliers or representatives and keep them fully indemnified, from and against any loss or damage suffered or liability incurred in respect of any third party, which arises from your use of this website.
Contact details for any purposes related to these terms and conditions
27 Voortrekker Street, Ficksburg, 9730
Telephone: (051) 933 9300
Fax: (051) 933 9363
© Setsoto Local Municipality (2021)
Last Updated: 13 August 2021