The Setsoto Local Municipality, with its Head Office in Ficksburg, Free State, is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer with clear employment equity targets. Person with the skills and expertise to discharge the duties of the abovementioned position is invited to apply to chair the risk management committee of the Setsoto Local Municipality.
Experience in serving on oversight committee and have a knowledge in Risk Management, Public Sector Risk Management Framework, Enterprise Risk Management, COSO model and Municipal legislations.
Key Performance Area:
As an advisory committee to Accounting Officer on matter relating to risk management.
- Oversee the development and review of the risk management strategy, policy and implementation plans;
- Review the risk appetite and tolerance levels;
- Monitor the implementation of the risk policy, framework and implementation plans
- Evaluate the effectiveness of mitigating strategies to address the material risks of the Institution;
- Report to the Accounting Officer any material changes to the risk profile of the Institution;
- Undertake impact assessments of emerging risks that face the organization on an ongoing basis; and
- Review the fraud prevention strategy, policy and plans.
Term of Office of the chairperson of the Risk Management Committee will be in line with term of office with the current Council.
Sitting and travelling allowance will be determined by the Council.
Applications should be accompanied by a recent updated curriculum vitae, as well as certified copies of qualification certificates and identity document. Failure to submit requested will result in your application not being considered. Faxed or emailed applications will automatically be disqualified.
Applicants who do not receive feedback within sixteen days from closing date, must accept that their application were unsuccessful. Applications received after closing date will not be considered.
Please send applications to the Municipal Manager, Setsoto Local Municipality, P O Box 116, Ficksburg 9730
Acting Chief Risk Officer: MP Maseko, Tel: 051 933 9302/9370.
Closing date: 17 June 2022.
Mr STR Ramakarane