Social Media Policy
We encourage all residents who engage with us on social media to read carefully as anyone who comments, likes, shares and reacts to our content indicates you accept these Terms and Conditions of use.
Our social media accounts are operated under the direction and control of Setsoto Local Municipality. All references to ‘our’, ‘us’, ‘we’ or ‘company’ within this and within the opt-in notices are deemed to refer to Setsoto Local Municipality.
- Your Personal Information
The information and content you may provide us for publication may constitute personal information, which you acknowledge was provided freely and voluntarily for publication on social media. You warrant that you are lawfully entitled to provide and publish the information provided and the information provided is true and correct in every respect and indemnify us against claims by third parties in relation to the information provided.
By ‘liking’ our pages or following our accounts, you fully understand and clearly consent to receive posts on your newsfeed and other forms of communication. However, you have the option to opt-out of receiving further communication from us by unliking and unfollowing our page.
- Post Policy
The comments, opinions and images posted by our followers on social media do not reflect the opinions of Setsoto Local Municipality. Posts will be deleted if they contain:
- a) Any content which includes profanity, is abusive, racist, sexist, homophobic, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, offensive, harassing, hateful, threatening, defamatory, indecent, or that promotes illegal activity;
- b) Any content which is a violation of Setsoto Local Municipality’s intellectual property;
- c) Any content which is deceptive, misleading or unfactual;
- d) Any information posted with the purposes of inciting violence or unrest;
- e) Any content which includes spam or links to third party sites; and
- f) Any content which aims to solicit passwords or personal information from any other follower of the page.
- Your acceptance
Engaging with our accounts, by liking, commenting, reacting and sharing our page and content indicates your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
At any time, you are free to unlike our pages or unfollow our accounts (and therefore cease to receive any communication from us). Simply click the ‘Unlike’ or ‘Unfollow’ option on our page.
Setsoto Local Municipality reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to delete or hide the content, and ban any person who contravenes these guidelines.